18 June 2008

Away Down the River — Alison Krauss


Baby, dry your eyes.
There’s no need to cry.
’Cause I'll see you again
It might be a while
Before you understand.

I’m just a way down the river,
a hundred miles or more,
Crossing over Jordan
to the other shore,
I’ll be standing waiting with all who’ve gone before
Just a way down the river,
a hundred miles or more.

Now the pictures on the wall
will help you to recall
they’re not there to make you sad
but to remember all the good times we had.

I’m just a way down the river,
a hundred miles or more,
Crossing over Jordan
to the other shore,
I’ll be standing waiting with all who’ve gone before
Just a way down the river,
a hundred miles or more.

When it’s time to leave
You’re gonna feel the mountain breeze
And the snow will fill the stream
carry you to me

I’m just a way down the river,
a hundred miles or more,
Crossing over Jordan
to the other shore,
I’ll be standing waiting with all who’ve gone before
Just a way down the river,
a hundred miles or more.

+

I had never heard this song until yesterday though I know three other songs of Alison Krauss. As I listened to the lyrics, I realised how perfect they were. The song was a total surprise but it was OK.

No other comments. I am way too katatonic today to do much of anything.

[photo: last summer coming out from the Great Gulf, the NH Presidentials]

No comments: