09 June 2008

Keep praying


Lately I have been quiet about Naomi. Some of it is because I am respecting her privacy and some of it is that the news continues to be discouraging.

She is quite weak now; she is on oxygen all the time since her levels are at 30%. Last week the doctors told her that there are no clinical trials she can fit into. It has been five plus weeks since she last had chemo. In the past month she has been home for a total of a week. I think I don't need to say more than that.

She did make it out of the hospital for six hours yesterday to attend the local high school baccalaureate at which her sister spoke movingly and tearfully of her relationship with her older sister and the fragility of life.

Tonight an eight-week old Sphinx kitten will arrive at the airport, having travelled cross-country (with a layover in Atlanta) from Denver. Naomi is allergic to cats so this peach-fuzzed 'bald' cat hopefully will not cause her trouble. He's a Siamese-looking cat evidently. She wants me to bless him so I will try to take a photo of her with her cat on Wednesday when I intend to stop by before heading off to Albuquerque.

The hospital is being super, letting her father bring the cat to her tonight so she can meet him and have him in her room. I pray that the two may bond quickly and that this purring ball of fuzz can bring her companionship, joy and comfort during such a hard time.

Naomi and her family know she is being prayed for all over the place through my various networks and while they don't really have the words to express it, they appreciate the prayers deeply. Thank you on their behalf.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Prayers, of course. Always.

For her, and for you.

Fran said...

God have mercy- so many prayers.

And a kitty too, a hairless one.

I will continue to keep Naomi on our prayer list at church.

And of course you and all of your intentions.