12 June 2008

Eleven years ago today


Two months after Hilary cat died from a stroke, I brought home la Doyenne (whose real name is Sophia). She was nine months old, had been found abandoned in an apartment along with another cat, and brought into the local shelter around the beginning of May. She was sick the first day I saw her, on my birthday, so I had to wait for her to get well. Finally, after three weeks, the shelter and I decided that as long as I kept her separated from Jason (who died in September 1999). And so she came here.

This photo is from her first night in the house. She shredded the newspaper, looked out the back door and lounged on the floor, a bit nervous but not apoplectic. She definitely was a smaller cat back then ;)

It's a happy anniversary to remember today and later I shall give her some special catnip to celebrate.


As a point of comparison, here she is two days ago, taking over the material with which I cover my printer.

1 comment:

Fran said...

What a beautiful story and such a lovely kitty.

Happiness to all- and good catnip!