
There is a new star in heaven, one for someone who journeyed there too early in life.
Naomi died at 3.25 this afternoon with all her family surrounding (or on) her bed. Little Gifford kitty was there before, during and after her death.
She was anointed with oil of chrismation as the final stage of the journey begun in baptism (marked and sealed as Christ's own for ever) and, as her family is also Native American, the room in which she died and the people surrounding her were smudged with sweet grass and sage.
Gifford is now serving as the family therapy cat. He has a huge responsibility.
Thank you one and all for all the prayers you have offered on Naomi's and her family's behalf. They are aware of it and will need prayers more than ever because they are beginning a raw, agonising journey of a different sort.
10 comments:
Praying with you, and with Naomi's family.
That's all the words I have.
I've been checking here all day, Caminante, like keeping a long-distance vigil with you.
This just sucks!
My words fall short.
May God keep you all in the palm of God's hand.
I was thinking of her at work today, silently offering up another prayer.
Requiescat indeed.
Oh my- God speed her to paradise, angels take her in your holy wings to meet the Lord.
I am so sorry to hear this and send more prayers and love in great abundance.
Dear God. I have no words, but tears in my eyes, and a prayer in my heart.
My chorus is singing "There Will Be Rest", based on Sara Teasdale's poem, next weekend. I will be singing it in my heart for Naomi, and for others as well.
May she rest at last, in peace, and rise in the glory of Christ. And may her family find consolation in the living Godde and in each other, and in sweet Gifford, and in the memory of Naomi's beautiful soul. May the earth hold and sustain them and the sky be over them like a starry cloak.
May Naomi rest in peace and rise in glory.
May God give comfort, consolation, and the peace that passes understanding to all those who love her.
Caminante, you know several of us have been following this sad story. If you can talk more about your involvement and observances, I would be grateful.
I can't imagine what all of you are going through. I continue to hold you in my heart of hearts.
Words just don't come. Her family and you will remain in my prayers for some time to come, as will sweet Gifford, who seemed to know. (Cats always do.)
I am sorry to be checking in late. Of course, mere words couldn't help anyway.
May there be peace, and the presence of comfort.
Post a Comment