
Here's Young Guy on his birthday this summer. He's sitting on a chair that has a wild bedspread I bought in El Salvador to have during my sabbatical down there two years ago (I have a thing about unmade beds). He is on top of a Guatemalan huipil. It's pretty simple and the head hole is so, so small that there is no way I could ever get my head through it. I have since moved the huipil because it was getting faded.
The chair is one that I found at seminary — I went to the General Theological Seminary in NYC and the buildings are connected by underground tunnels. There used to be all manner of cast-off junk and furniture down there (maybe there still is). I walked by the chair for two months and decided that no one was claiming it so I did. It needed some repair but it's as good as new now. I also picked up a barrister's bookcase that way as well as the swivel chair in which I am sitting right now.

It's almost the time of year when the two older cats take over the nest. (It was 8 out this morning and hasn't gone up any.) Sometimes they like to be together and other times when La Doyenne tries to move in, Orange Guy has fits. This cat nest is the one my cat sitter gave my crew because hers didn't like it. Oddly, Young Guy has never tried sleeping in either it or the igloo. I guess the other two have made it clear that the nests are theirs (because the igloo, at least, predates Young Guy).

My sister gave me this funky tablecloth/bedspread of cats (really). Again, I don't leave it out too much because of it getting faded but it is pretty silly and Orange Guy looked so good on it. (If it isn't clear by now, I enjoy materials and such.) Underneath is a reversable bedspread made out of material from Guatemala. The flip side is a patchwork of different scraps. For right now, though I have the sedate red/black pattern right side up.
No comments:
Post a Comment