26 December 2006

Reclaiming my laptop

For the time being, until I get Photoshop on my computer, I can't put up any photographs (which I don't like, because I think a photo can greatly cut down on the verbage). That may happen tonight. [Actually, I added this photo on the 27th, but it was taken on the 26th.]

Reclaiming this laptop from néant (nothing) is a long, arduous task. I have gotten the camera application reinstalled (updated which means I don't know how to use it properly), am upgrading iTunes from 4.7 to 7.0.2 or whatever it is, and a few other things, and am gradually retrieving from memory (mine) and elsewhere my bookmarks in Safari (though I need to go download Firefox and change everything over to that).

Later, tomorrow, I will play with my new toy, an ION ITTUSB turn-table. Compa got it on eBay for way below the retail price; apparently a week after she got it, the auctions were ending at twice what she paid for it. I brought down a few 33 LPs to see how it works.

But today we have our annual open house. While I veg, Compa is cleaning (I am more in the way than not).

It's so cruddy out with rain on top of snow and then the whole mess is going to freeze over. Ay. We're both putting off shoveling the front deck because the snow is going to be concrete. We have had a series of roof dumps, the first of the winter and that just adds to the mess.

Mostly, I am in the post-Christmas clerical stupor that comes from running flat out for the past couple of weeks. So if this is boring, I apologise; I am thunk out.

No comments: