31 December 2006

Getting closer to 2007, at least on Eastern Standard Time

Three more hours to go.

I am listening to Mad Priest's great mix of New Year's Eve songs (http://revjph.blogspot.com/), having finished my sermon and bulletins for tomorrow morning.

It is a quiet night, spent by myself and the cats.

I wish for this weary world peace. It is the heartfelt cry of every generation, it seems. Yet God's shalom, God's wholeness, desired for all, seems all the more elusive than ever.

Pax, paix, shalom, salaam. O, we cry out.

+

In the minor grievance category that has no importance other than it makes me nuts, the chain drugstore in town was putting up candies, decorations and cards for Valentine's Day. Gag me with a spoon. I really feel like boycotting them. They advance the commercial/capitalistic holidays earlier and earlier. We haven't even begun the new year and they are already into mid-February. Fie on them.

No comments: