01 January 2008

This ain't Panamá

While Padre Mickey is enjoying hot weather in Panamá, Grandmère Mimi is in a warm place, Pseudopiskie is in a relatively snowy place, and Rev Dr Mom is in the rain (I think), I am in the snowbelt.


It snowed quite heavily early afternoon. Mercifully it didn't start until after we were in church this morning.


If you look hard, you can see the snowflakes. Some of them show up as dark blobs but it really is snow. I love how the trees get all gunked up with it. We've gotten probably seven inches by now.


The rectory has an upstairs back porch so I took this photo and the next one from that porch. The steeple beyond our tower is that of the Methodist church.


This is the back neighbourhood. It's always interesting how with the snow the colours are more muted.

We've already been plowed out so I don't have to deal with that. As far as I know, everyone I know who is travelling is off the roads, not in a snowbank, but safely at home.

2 comments:

Rev Dr Mom said...

I am indeed in the rain (again) and tired of it.

But I don't mind not having to shovel!

Guess I can't have it both ways...

Caminante said...

When the shed roof finally dumps, I will pay for it, but for the time being, I haven't had to do any shovelling here because the guy who plows the driveways also has a snowblower for the ramps. But, ay, we are going to be so overbudget on snow removal. It's always a wild card in the budget process.