
Well, if I have to hang around the house and try to be still (with the vain hope that I will have enough of a voice to get through not only the morning liturgies but officiating at evensong at the cathedral), at least I have been able to lie under this nice soft purple-dyed alpaca blanket that I bought two Saturdays ago in the market in the Ejido park outside the hotel. I am chagrined to say that I only paid $20 for it... but perhaps that is because I bought a second one to have down at our house. Compa warned me not to let the cats near it but is kind of hard to do that when asleep.

Two weeks ago, after our shopping spree at two markets in Quito, we laid out on the bed the following prizes. There are the two blankets, little bags and ocarinas to give away, a sweater for me (the bright one) and one for my mother (alpaca again, both for $30), and small goodies. That was Saturday's damage; Sunday we hit the market again and what the heck, got a Panamá hat each for $12 (the really good ones are $45). I was sorely tempted by a charango (a small ten-string, five pairs of strings, guitar-like instrument) but I couldn't justify the $85 even though the person selling them was also the person who made them. Instead, I listen to one of my favourite albums, RonRoco by Gustavo Santaolalla.
The cats are destroying the house and plants so I guess I had better go feed them.
No comments:
Post a Comment