
While it's snowing out (again), here's a photo from a warmer clime — taken at the first site of la Mitad del Mundo, 22kms north of Quito, which held forth until ten years ago when GPS determined that the equator was about 200m to the east. (I wrote about that a week ago.)
Still, it's fun to go to the site with its big monument and straddle the equator as I am doing in this photo — a true via media moment. It was a bit breezy that day but I was still happy to have sandals on, knowing that I wouldn't be able to again for several more months.
Meanwhile, I look out the window at the snow and think that I will have to deal with it in the morning, though if it's enough, the snow plow guy surely will at least do the church driveway and ramps if not mine, too. But that's tomorrow's woe, not tonight's.
No comments:
Post a Comment