
Here are the beads, this year's crop, from New Orleans — much sturdier than the cheesy stuff found up here. They are thanks to a companion General Convention deputy who lives there and seems very happy to ship me a box of them each year. On top of them are palms from Korea that a parishioner dropped off for me to burn tomorrow. The price of admission tonight was to take home a Jericho Road flier and then do something about it.

Our Anglican prayer bead maker likes (or should I say loves) beads so she was sampling them out. She's also a member of the Red Hat Society.

We ran out of cooking oil and, yes, it got that smoky in the parish house. We had to remove the smoke alarm because even with fanning it, it kept going off.

A rare sight! The kitchen crewe was all men. The youngest by far cooked the pancakes and sausage despite a hairline fracture on his ankle (we got him a stool to sit on).

Don't you love the juxtaposition? There's the big penguin (the nursery school is reading Tacky the Penguin, a great book), a heart for Valentine's Day and the ever-present cross I brought back from El Salvador way back in 1996. This is known as life in a one-room parish house.
Update on our saint with the broken hip: thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. She finally had surgery last night at 7.00 in which they put in two pins and one screw. She was knocked out on pain killers when I went over this afternoon. But she will be moved to the local nursing home on Thursday. She assured her son this morning, 'I won't ever do THAT again!'
1 comment:
I just spent a month in NOLA, working with the Diocese of Louisiana. Everything in me wants to go back.
Thank you for helping Jericho Road.
Post a Comment