10 March 2008

Beyond words


ENS just posted this news:

The House of Bishops was informed March 10 that full invitation is "not possible" from the Archbishop of Canterbury to include Bishop Gene Robinson of New Hampshire as a participant in this summer's Lambeth Conference of Anglican bishops.

God forbid that those bishops find out that Gene is a real human being.

I can't even speak because there are no words for my anger, disgust and sadness at the spinelessness of the ABC who thinks that by not inviting Gene he can placate the likes of AB Akinola. No way; they'll just up the ante again.

Others will certainly have far more to say than I. And so I turn this over to them.

1 comment:

Jane R said...

I wonder what the closeted gay bishops, in the US and the UK and elsewhere, are feeling right about now. Not thinking, feeling.