02 March 2008

I can see for miles and miles and miles

OK, so this is what I did instead of a Sunday afternoon nap.


Here is the snow mound on the front porch roof. I was concerned about the weight especially since it is supposed to rain tomorrow.


The view from up top is nice and it is a place where one can feel relatively safe (not to mention having music coming from the inside!). Just to the left of the icicle is Hunger Mountain. I took this shot just after I climbed out the window.


I had mostly gotten as much snow off as I was going to — everything under the fluffy powder was hard-pack and iced over. At least I got some of the black roofing to show again so with the strong sun this afternoon it may melt too. Again, you can barely make out Hunger Mountain. It's fun seeing the mountain that I try to climb at least once a summer/fall. Needless to say, I can't make out the house from up top!

I am waiting for the shed roof to dump any minute. For that, I haven't changed out of my work clothes.

A parishioner was telling me last week that the long-gone Mrs Wells used to have fits when she saw Father ? (I don't remember now which rector it was) out shovelling the walks or raking the yard. Priests weren't supposed to do that and the parish wasn't paying him to do that! Well, she has probably gyrated several times over in her grave because I fairly suspect she never figured on a woman priest climbing up on the roofs doing what needs to be done.

2 comments:

VTcrone said...

I was reading Elizabeth Kaeton's blog the other day and noticed a posting from you and also that she has your blog listed as one of her favorite bloggers.
My husband and I retired from NJ to VT in the summer of '06. We live in Starksboro, which is between Bristol and Hinesburg. We attend the Jerusalem Gathering, that the rest of the Vt church prayed for today. Our minister is Molly Bidwell, who has lived up here with her partner for about 15 years.
I've known E+ and her partner Ms. Barbara for over 15 years and they are 2 of my favorite women.
I was wondering where your church is in VT? If you want to answer me, my e-mail is armtl@gmavt.net.
BTW, we have 8 cats and 2 German Shepherds. The latest addtion is a large black feline named "Obsidian" (aka Sid), that we adopted from the Addison County Humane Assoc. just last week. He's like having a 3rd dog.
Namaste-
Marcia Liotard

Jane R said...

!! Love the Mrs. Well story.

Thassa lotta snow, as Padre Mickey would say. Hope you don't have too many sore muscles after all that shoveling and hauling.