
Not to El Salvador, though I had seriously thought about going this week. Shelling out $900 for four days was too extravagant, however, so I stay put.
Instead, I am off to Saint Andrew's, Marblehead, MA (180 miles downstream) to talk about the Anglican Episcopal Church of El Salvador (IAES, Iglesia Anglicana Episcopal de El Salvador) and the MDGs. This map shows where there are congregations. There are relatively few in the east because during the war, the main bridges were blown up thereby bisecting the country. The church hopes someday to have congregations established in the north, too.
Right now the sun is out and the sleety/slushy/snowy mess in the street has melted. I will poke my way along... and tomorrow I hope I will get to see the Atlantic, since Marblehead is right on the coast, north of Boston.
Go visit Cristosal for more information about the IAES.
3 comments:
Have a good charla.
Don't forget to point out how the dioceses in IARCA are trying to grow through evangelism and not by nabbing U.S. parishes and dioceses, unlike the members of the Most Holy Southern Cone.
Marblehead is beautiful. So is Rockport, right near there. In some ways Rockport is even prettier, ocean-wise. Nice little artsy touristy place too, and it won't be too obnoxiously touristy in this season.
Nice chowdah theah too.
nice, comfy place you got here :)..
Post a Comment