07 March 2008

Only in the north (originally Vermont)


On the noon report on the radio, they had the following story:

A woman driving on the interstate saw an object in the road. She pulled over and when she picked it up, she realised that it was a bank deposit bag with $15,000 in it.

Apparently the bank employee had put it on the top of the car when she went to the hardware store and then drove off with it on the roof.

I can't imagine that bank employee has a job any more.

(I can't find mention of this in the newspapers nor on the VPR website so you'll just have to take my recollection.)

Pseudopiskie found the link here and it happened in Plattsburg, NY. We believe you - here. You'll also see the source of the header that I shamelessly lifted, shhhhhh!

1 comment:

PseudoPiskie said...

We believe you - here.

She's probably like me. If I didn't return it, I would lose it one way or another anyhow.