
Since I have been given these days off from Executive Council, as hard as it is not to be there, I participated in small town rural Americana by attending the high school graduation — the class of 2008 is a whopping 58 students. I was going to sit with one family but when Naomi's family saw me, they wanted me to sit with them up front in the first row. It was one of those pastoral calls so up to the front row I went.
I dumbly asked why they were up front; how long had they arrived beforehand? And they said that they had asked to have the seats reserved so that Naomi could see her sister graduate. Instead, I sat in her seat. Um.
I think Gifford is going to come to the service on Tuesday. As long as he has a good tight harness on or is in a cage, he is welcome to be there. I anticipate the service will be SRO, all the more for keeping it short and sweet.
So, after graduation, I attended two parties for the two students from the parish. At the second (chez Naomi), I closed the car windows but totally forgot about the roof window. It dumped for about five minutes and I didn't give it a second thought. The interior of the car isn't too wet, demos gracias a Dios.
Now to work on a sermon that I had no plans on preaching because I was supposed to be away tomorrow.
6 comments:
Thanks for the update. I had been wondering.
I just can't imagine what the graduation was like today for Naomi's sister. How terribly sad and totally fitting that you were in that seat.
Naomi's family and you remain in my most fervent prayers. It's weird how often my thoughts and spirit reach to you.
grrrrrr And yes, of course Gifford should be there! If Naomi had a friend who was disabled, out of control, and/or totally inappropriate, I know you would find a way to incorporate that friend. I know you'll do the same with Gifford. .... I'm having this mental image: Let's say Gifford yowls or hisses unceasingly through the service. Aren't we all yowling and hissing at Naomi's death? Aren't we all "raging against the dying of the light"?
Apologies for blathering on so long. I've had a rather emotional day myself. And it seems that Naomi's death has kicked-up for me the untimely deaths against which I have raged and raged.
Like I said, you and Naomi's family are in my most fervent prayers.
And I am profoundly grateful her family has such a fine priest as you to walk wtih them.
I want Gifford there; I just don't want him to freak out with all the people and try to escape onto Main Street. That is my only concern. He can make as much noise as he wants. He has a lovely royal blue harness.
Thank you much for your continuing prayers. Sorry this stirred up so much for you though in the long run it may be helpful, no?
Thank you for explaining, Caminante.
Yes, this seems to have kicked up Some Stuff for me. Death: I hate it. It makes me angry, even livid. Maybe I need to take that discussion over to my blog.
Like I said: I am so very, very glad that Naomi's family has you. You are a blessing. I hope I have a priest like you when I die.
So. I fly home from NOLA hoping to meet you in the flesh and you stay home. I'd be miffed if I didn't know there are times one must do other things. Blessings on your time this weekend.
Hey,
I've been keeping up with goings on via Becca. I wanted to let Lisa Fox know that your church had or has a church dog, and I must say both or all 3 were very well behaved, I know we had cat's blessed some by proxy at the blessing of the animals,
On to the Death issues, our Priest's wife died suddenly on Friday, double whammy. Please keep Charles and famly in your prayers.
Ah yes, Chichi, Cici, your dog on occasion, Frieda, yes, there have been many dogs in church. The cats have tended to stay outside in their cages and only show up for the blessing of the animals on the 4th of October.
Post a Comment