04 January 2009

2008 in review: the one-paragraph non-sequitur version


As per Padre Mickey and Jane at Acts of Hope: take the first line of the first post of every month in 2008 (a glorified Mad Libs, no? Or maybe akin to a Stave puzzle).

It’s always fascinating to go through family histories to see the progression of names given from generation to generation. Here's a reason why there's no Friday cat blogging: Governor orders shutdown of government 1:33 p.m. I'm dreaming of a white Easter... just like the Easters of before.... Really, we don't get white Christmases nearly as often as Easters. Poisson d'avril! Some of you will know where this photo was taken (circa 1991 or 1992). In this liturgical year that seems to be on fast-forward because of the early start of Lent, then cascaded into an early Easter, Ascension Day also lands early with some interesting juxtapositions. As I was leaving to go back up north yesterday for Naomi's birthday and come back to the rectory to write my sermon, a mile down the road from the house, I got a flat. Just take a pebble and cast it to the sea... ... as that wonderful old Emerson, Lake and Palmer song starts with its soft guitar accompaniment before launching into a wild riff. Taken entirely from the Lead: First draft of the Lambeth reflection on the bishop and human sexuality. There's too much going on to put up a decent posting. Just fifteen minutes ago... the sky to the west looked like this. I have come to love the expression, ‘thin place.’ I'd be too if I were a car... from the police report of the town from which I just moved: Theft — A resident of VT Route 64 called to report a vehicle had been stolen from out of her dooryard.

Well, this is totally incomprehensible. Had I done the last posting of the month, I might have come up with a better sequence.

Your Sunday night silly.

4 comments:

Leonard said...

Egads, I liked it...made progressively good sense to me!

Fran said...

That was great. I have missed reading you and I've come back and was rewarded with this!

Happy New Year! I look forward to the thaw and a chance to see you again.

Jane R said...

This is one of the best ones so far! I'm with Leonardo, it made sense.

Padre Mickey said...

I agree with everyone else; this is the best one yet!