My beloved state of Vermont. We will rise again... words I remember that the Episcopal Diocese of Haiti used for their 2010 diocesan convention post-earthquake. Oh, our floods are nothing like the Haitian earthquake but they have changed life in the Green Mountain State in ways we don't yet realise.
These are all photos that Compa took in our small hamlet.
You want rocks? Come 'n get 'em. For free.
This is what our road looked like on Monday. It has been filled in to make one lane. But if it rains hard this weekend....
Here is our road a bit further down as it looked Monday. Again, it has been half-filled in.
I can't tell you how many countless times I have driven this section of Rte 100 between Plymouth Union and Tyson... without thinking. Now, to circumvent this hole, one has to take a goat path through the woods, a gravel pit and someone's property to get back on pavement.
Now, multiply this hundreds of times throughout the state and you'll see what lies ahead of us... repairing a trashed road and bridge system.
Unfathomable.
The sign on the house says, 'Please stay out. This is all I have left.' This house is in our village, too. Sadly, upstate there has been looting of people's property out to dry.
Irene was tough but Vermonters are tougher. So there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment