11 July 2007

Build your ark


This photo doesn't really show how wet it is out there. According to the weather service, our area has gotten 3 inches of rain with another 2 inches to come. The sky keeps rumbling bowling balls up there but we haven't had any really big bolts of lightning. It has been teeming since noon.

This rain is reminiscent of the tropical downpours you get in El Salvador during the winter or in Panama where it seems to rain a lot.

For us, it's a stuck weather system.

2 comments:

Suzer said...

Georgia will be glad to take some of that rain off your hands, if you can find a way to get it down here. :)

(I've often wondered if the immensity of a water pipeline - similar to an oil pipeline - would be too much to accomplish. That way, areas experiencing too much rain might avoid flooding, while areas with drought could be relieved. I'm sure an engineer would laugh hysterically at this suggestion because of its impossibility.)

June Butler said...

Caminante, how about our last 100 year rain, which brought us 31 inches in three days. We've had four or five 100 year rains in the 38 years I've been living here. What's that all about?

Nevertheless, great-hearted person that I am, I hope that you get relief soon, and that the dry places like Suzer's get rain.