04 July 2007

Digressions


What else do you do on a cloudy Fourth of July when the idea of doing yard work doesn't inspire? Go explore the net, of course.

And lookie what I found:

A whole website devoted to Pogo.

I may have to take down the graphic later but enjoy it for now.

And for those of you who don't know Pogo, you're missing out on some astute and funny comics that ran in the 1950s on. I grew up reading them as a kid because my father loved them. My all-time favourite is Pogo's Sunday Book.

Whenever I need a good hard laugh, I go to this book. It's where I learned words like 'gollywobbles,' or 'gumping' (way before Forest Gump) or 'grabasnagawobaflog' (something like that, i.e., 'Grab and snag that fly'). Kelly was a genius.

It's good to know there are folks out there who are still keeping the 'toons alive.

No comments: