
Pseudopiskie writes about the deer and raccoons and other critters that disturb the lilies and bird feeders.
While at my parents' house in suburban Connecticut, I was treated to the daily procession of deer that raid the apple trees. Actually, the deer are in cohoots with the squirrels. The squirrels climb up the apple tree branches and knock the apples off. The deer come along and chomp up all the apples. My mother is having fits because she doesn't think there aren't going to be any apples left for the fall.
Later, I will scan a photo she took in the backyard of a male turkey in full display.
1 comment:
Our apple trees are full this year so I will have to be careful coming down the driveway at night. I encountered a 6 point buck one night last week. Fortunately I didn't hit him. Prefer to not hit another. Ever. But they seem to run into me. When the apples start to fall we will have a dozen deer or so gobbling all night. I hope they don't get into the cathouse. Can't wait till I have a garage and a greenhouse for the gals.
Post a Comment