12 July 2007

We won't get fooled again


Thanks to a nice dry and cool airflow from Canada, we had one of those glorious 'Vermont' days when the sky is blue, the air is dry and the temperature is comfortable. It would have been a perfect day to go up a mountain but instead, one of the junior wardens (read property supervisor) and I went off to buy an energy-efficient refrigerator (to replace the 20 year-old one in the rectory kitchen) and two energy star window air conditioning units. It was terrifically satisfying to do something concrete (though it meant spending money).

Then I came back and had to spend some time outside on this glorious day. I decided to reclaim some of the garden so I went at it with the scythe. While I was out hacking away at the weeds, wheat and oregano, a very friendly orange tabby boy came by. He desperately needs to be de-snargled (i.e., be neutered). I have seen him before and the World's Best Cat Sitter worried that this young guy was my Orange Guy who had escaped from the house. Overdeveloped Friendly Boy has a wonderful motor and he is very laid back. He seems to belong to a house over a street and does not seem to come from the Waif's direction. (As for the Waif, she is either dead, has been given away or is fully an indoor cat.)

But I won't get fooled again. He can stay outdoors. I just wish his owners would do the responsible thing and neuter him soon.

No comments: