
While Compa struggled with an ancient lawnmower because the good one is broken, I decided to row for the first time since 16 May. My first-place standings have, of course, fallen by the wayside, but there may be a way to recoup them.
Right now, I have to recoup the lost ground by being away from the erg for seven weeks. It never ceases to astound me how little one activity translates to another. I may have some stamina and better leg muscles from walking 420+km but my weight isn't any less nor is my rapidity on the erg.
Meanwhile, the erg sits in the upstairs of the garage with a lovely view, a great mobile hanging overhead, and where I can look at another toy that needs use, my bicycle.
As a non-sequitor, excepting the standing seam roof and the excavation/foundation, and installation of the garage doors, Compa built the entire garage, including putting up the rafters by herself.
Some day it will have a wood stove (we have the chimney set), and real electricity rather than it coming off the house by way of extension cords.
No comments:
Post a Comment