07 February 2008

Wild card day 2


So instead of going to the usual wonderful local photocopying joint in Montpelier, I went to the big box one up by the hospital. Every time I do, I rue it. This time the person who did the communion leaflets we'll use for Lent, inverted the middle page so I had to take all 40 apart (i.e., unstaple), reassemble and restitch. That was a lost hour.

It is still snowing too. We probably got 15 inches. As I didn't get to shovel the walk in time, the postal carrier didn't deliver the mail. Too late now to care.


Here's the snow scene this morning, looking over the ever-present ramps.


The crab apple tree is wonderfully gunked up with snow.


Looking up through the crab apple branches, I can barely make out the church tower.


I don't really get it because this weekend I was thinking we didn't really have all that snow and now we're wondering where we can put it all. The driveways are becoming tunnel-like.


There are always a few berries left on the mountain ash by the house. This poor tree gets royally beaten up every time there is an ice dump.

+



All the church stuff is in place. Now it is time to pack. La Doyenne has been reading up on Ecuador. Too bad for her; she's not coming along. I am outta here. This said, blogging and comment moderation will be spotty at best. (Do these short sentences convey my haste? Are they Hemmingway-esque?)

5 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Prayers ascending for safe, ontime travel and productive meetings.

Lisa Fox said...

You're leaving already? I didn't realize. Safe travels. The EC meeting is seriously on my prayer list.

Jane R said...

Yes!

Safe travels, Caminante. Godspeed.

Padre Mickey said...

¿Que pasa en Ecuador?

June Butler said...

Caminante, the snow is beautiful, but I wouldn't want to live with it.

Blessings on your trip. Blessings on La Doyenne, the left-behind.