29 August 2008

Creationist Trojan Horse


Sarah Palin is a trojan horse in regards to creationism. According to an October 2006 Anchorage Daily News article, The volatile issue of teaching creation science in public schools popped up in the Alaska governor's race this week when Republican Sarah Palin said she thinks creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the state's public classrooms. Palin was answering a question from the moderator near the conclusion of Wednesday night's televised debate on KAKM Channel 7 when she said, "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."

• HALCRO: "I think anything that is religious-based in, in concept, you know, really should, needs to be taught in the proper channel -- philosophy, sociology. I don't think it should be taught as a science."

• KNOWLES: "... The answer is no. The reason why is we don't want politics in our science. We actually want more science in our politics. We don't want to just teach all things because it may be politically correct. We want to teach the best science there is, and there is overwhelming evidence, there's almost incontrovertible evidence that evolution is the science that, that we know. And that's what we should always teach, to never compromise on the principles just because it's politically popular."

• PALIN: "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. "Healthy debate is so important and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both. And you know, I say this too as the daughter of a science teacher. Growing up with being so privileged and blessed to be given a lot of information on, on both sides of the subject -- creationism and evolution. It's been a healthy foundation for me. But don't be afraid of information and let kids debate both sides."

(And she really is a former Miss Alaska. Cheez.)

1 comment:

Leonard said...

(And she really is a former Miss Alaska. Cheez

That was my thought exactly...it was "cringe" at first sight for me...I wonder how this "surprise" could possibly be a special technique to charm voters...even the most most liberal of the feminists is going to run for cover...she's obviously playing to the simpering, yet hateful and hypocritical, family values crowd...she may have "Gay friends" but some of my dearest friends and a Presidential candidate is black...I would like to take this opportunity to announce that the frosty "creationist Trojan Horse" ain't no friend of mine.