19 August 2008

Les pido sus oraciones


I ask your prayers for the Congregation of San Andrés, Apóstol, Soyapango, San Salvador, El Salvador. Their priest, the Rev'd Amy Zuninga (who has a good blog about her ministry there over the past three years), is leaving in October and at present there is no one in line to continue her work. Prayers can move mountains and perhaps if this corner of the blogosphere gets going, the congregation will not go too long without a resident priest.

The Anglican Episcopal Church of El Salvador is stretched enough that to find someone already there to cover will mean they will take on a fourth or fifth congregation.

Of course if there is anyone you know out there who is fully fluent in Spanish and ordained, that would be even better but I won't be greedy in asking your prayers.

[the photo is from Amy's blog; the deacon in the front row has since been ordained to the priesthood]

3 comments:

Fran said...

Many prayers for this... May the Holy Spirit find the right person and send them muy pronto.

What lovely photos on her blog!

Leonard said...

What a inspiring group and what a lovely Church...I'll come visit sometime...it's not that far away and I'll bring a Vanload.

Jane R said...

Prayers starting right now. Can't look at Amy's blog till tomorrow (keeling over tired from humongous work days this week) but I can pray! It might turn into what my friend Tom calls "intercessory sleeping" shortly but I will trust the Holy Spirit to continue praying! And I'll pick up consciously again tomorrow.