
As the article below states, it was a year ago today that Naomi learned that she had cancer and this crazy, crazy ride began.
Her mother posted on the Caring Bridge blog this morning:
i don't know how many people are still getting notice of Naomi's site but i hope many of you are. Although i have not been able to do the updates as of my last entry on June 9th but i promise that i will soon. i just wanted to share with everyone that one year ago today we received the phone call, while Naomi was in the hospital in VA, that she had cancer. And so our jounery began and will continue for the rest of our lives. Our plans are to scan the senior speach that Alicia read, the reading from Jessica and many wonderful pictures of our last days together. Thanks to all of you who were a part of her life line and i hope you continue to be a part of ours.
+++
And today her mother gave me this sweet grass with the wind chaser and, most important, two blue jay feathers she found this morning.
I have it safely up high out of cats' reach and in a spot I can see it always, from my computer desk.
After dinner, I will scan two photos she also gave me that Frank took of me blessing Gifford and Naomi two days before Naomi died and just before the kitty shower that the nurses gave for her.
+++

I scanned just this one photo because the other is pretty much the same. Frank took it of me as I blessed Gifford — you can make out his little face below my right hand.
By the time I arrived on the scene, Naomi was worn out from all the photo taking (see previous post — the photos of her with her family, her pediatrician who delivered her, and her and the cat were all taken half an hour before I arrived). However, she specifically asked for a blessing of her cat (who was nameless at the time) and so I blessed him and then blessed her.
If you are wondering about the propriety of putting up such photos suffice to say that eventually her family is going to be putting them up on her Caring Bridge site. This is a family that takes photos of everything. So I don't think they would mind this here.
1 comment:
Sweet thoughts always...
Post a Comment