
Whenever things start getting wild over at Jake's Place, someone posts a recipe.
Things there did, indeed, get a bit over the top recently and so there were several recipes posted.
I feel as though the entire world is a bit over the top these days what with ...
the Roman Catholic Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith declaring that only it, the Roman Catholic Church, is the place where Christ on earth subsists;
the White House's hamstringing the previous Surgeon General, prohibiting him to speak on stem cell research and other important matters;
and now proposing another Surgeon General who wrote that homosexuality is contrary to Christian teaching;
the continuing sagas of Iraq and Afghanistan;
the White House's race to the bottom except that every time I think they have hit bottom, they manage to find a new low;
and, of course, as the 'Anglican World Turns.'
So maybe we should emulate the guy who strung up his lawn chair to 105 helium balloons to travel 193 miles at 25 mph. He described the flight as mostly peaceful and serene, with occasional turbulence, like a hot-air balloon ride sitting down.
Meanwhile, here's tonight's dinner:
black beans (rinsed)
cooked corn
one plum tomato
cilantro
jalepeño
a little bit of onion
vinegar
Buen provecho.
5 comments:
MMMMMMM
I'm having that...but not tonight, mebbe tomorrow night. Tonight, we are going to the county fair, and I shall eat fair food.
Although, acutally, that looks tastier than fair food.
As for the state of the world currently, all I can say is FEH.
Asshattery is everywhere.
Food cannot make it all better, but it can make me momentarily happy.
Indeed, I am so discouraged about the world, the church, that it is best not to say anything but it would just be a rant.
I'll put up other favourite recipes as things go along.
Yum.
And I'm so glad you've opened your blog to comments!
Lovely to read all the reports from my adopted and former summer state of Vermont (where I haven't been in too long) -- though the beaver news wasn't too good. In these parts I have a pet groundhog, except he doesn't know he's my pet though he comes and suns himself outside the house now and again. I've named him Athanasius. He doesn't do any damage though -- not so far, anyway. He (I think it's a he) is much longer and fatter than I thought groundhogs were (I'd never seen one "live" till I moved here to NC) and he waddles. But he can be pretty quick.
Over here in lazy Saturday-land, it was an organic yogurt and granola (homemade by local organic farmer couple and bought at local food co-op) kind of day, but there are tomatoes and cilantro sorts of things in my near future.
I made this for dinner tonight. I add some long grain rice, and avocado. Yummers!
Sounds good. I will provide other variations on a theme later.
Post a Comment