
While downtown Barre has been closed because of flooding, the rain has driven out the local skunks and it STINKS outside. Skunks don't like the wet so I guess they are unhappy tonight.
So am I. I am going to have to burn some incense in order to be able to sleep.
I have never lived in a place with so many skunks. I am sure some live under the ramp to the church, occasionally one gets in under the church proper (there's only a two-three foot crawl space under the floor) and they live in the shed, too.
My first summer here, within the first three weeks I moved in, I found a skunk moving in the garbage can, little beady eyes peering out at me, happily rooting around in the dead cat litter I had put in there. I tipped the garbage can over, sprayed in it with a hose which simply meant that the cat litter turned to smelly clay and the skunk waddled out into the further recesses of the shed.
They rule the roost here, no doubt.
Mais, ouf, ça pue.
3 comments:
Oui. Skunks definitely stink.
We've been overrun with them in my neighborhood for the past two years.
Just last week, my next door neighbor's dog got sprayed by one.
They asked my husband the skunk-hunter to set his have-a-heart trap to get this years skunk-relocation program going.
Last year, he trapped and relocated at least 5 skunk.
And I live in suburbia. Can't get much more suburban than where I live. There are NO woods.
Just stanky skunk.
(See - my husband does have some uses.)
Yes, he does. Meanwhile, I went into the church (Friday) and it reeks of skunk so I am going to have to fire up the incense tomorrow (Saturday) so it's bearable inside on Sunday.
Oh no...hope the skunk stank was manageable!
Post a Comment