17 July 2007

Parsley = catnip


Young Guy goes crazy when I come in from the garden. Oregano affects him like catnip; he loves the smell of the bean plants and even the tomatoes. Tonight, I discover that fresh parsley also sets him off. He has just finished rubbing his face against the hand with which I picked parsley. He even drooled on my hand. Next he jumped up on the bookcase near the erg and, more important, the bunk bed where La Doyenne is resting. She flapped her tail at him and made it clear that a fight would not be wise. And now he has zoomed off elsewhere.

So, do I grow the parsley for my salsa or for him?

5 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Both, of course!

Caminante said...

Ben oui....

Padre Mickey said...

Well, I certainly wouldn't use any parsley that has been out on the drainboard; it may be kittified.

Caminante said...

Kittified, you mean chomped on?

Suzer said...

My first cat, Ichabod, used to spend all summer in the herb garden at my parent's house. He typically settled himself in a large bushy area of catnip, and remained there all day with a dreamy look in his eyes, pupils dilated, pleased as punch. He enjoyed lemon mint and oregano, too.