14 December 2007

Friday Cat Blogging

A bonanza of photos to make up for last week's absence.


First of all, let me introduce this year's holiday boarder, Miss Funky Paws. Her story is quite long and involved, but the short version is that someone in town I know does cat rescues (she works with the local feral cat community and also will rescue cats from abuse or neglect). She got a two year-old long hair calico cat a month ago, took her to the vet to have her checked out and when she went back, this was the cat they gave her: we have no idea how old she is but we think she is probably about 8-10 years old. She is no two year-old calico.


This all so upset the cat rescuer that I said I would take the cat and let her hang out in the suite. So here is Miss Funky Paws: a polydactyl whose two thumbs curl back inwards. She has a very sweet nature but I can tell that not only was she neglected but she was abused. I think she is coming out of her depression though I have yet to see her groom herself.


Meanwhile, Young Guy and La Doyenne KNOW there is someone else on the other side of the door. Look at Young Guy's poofed out tail as he pokes at the door.


Orange Boy discovered the Nahuizalco basket. This is a first.


And here he is on stacked baskets, moved to get the lint out of the drier. On the wall above the washing machine is a photograph of my great-grandfather's commercial laundry in the 1920s.


I got this pillow this summer and couldn't figure out where to put it so finally decided the rocking chair, Young Guy in front of it makes the pillow cat look ever more cross eyed than it is.


Orange Guy was on the bed first and along came La Doyenne and plopped herself on top of him.

No comments: