03 December 2007

Snow day

Here are shots from our first real snowfall of the year. We got about 10 inches overall.


Here's the lilac tree covered with snow.


There has to be a shot of the church in the snow. We are so fortunate this weather happened post ordination.


A study of snow-covered Tibetan prayer flags off the back steps with the disintegrating shed door in the background.


The crab apple tree is filled with gobs of snow. This time of year, with our short days, one's eye adapts to seeing colour where others might find only grey.

[Query to my good readers: How come all of a sudden if I click on photos in blogs they download instead of simply going to a separate page in larger format? I didn't change any settings.]

2 comments:

Paul said...

Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing such beauty. A propósito de Blogger, I'm having the same problem and it's quite irritating.

PseudoPiskie said...

Good question. And, I agree, irritating.

But lovely photos. Guess I need to get out too. Huge flakes this morning. The wind blew most of it off the trees and shrubs. Almost toppled a bird feeder pole. I managed to find a cement block to bolster it for now.