
OK, I am halfway there; I hit 100K today. I have 10 days to finish another 100K; if I do 15K a day (about 1h10 minutes), I can knock it off quickly.
I've got a good collection of bachata music that keeps me entertained while I row.
I am sure you all are fascinated by this and are hanging on my every stroke :)
However, this rowing is a form of prayer and a way of keeping myself sane. The CREDO seminars encourage clergy to engage in regular exercise not only as a way of staying healthy and fit but also as a way of staying centered. It is true — the days that I don't, I do feel guilty and a row reinvigorates me as much as a nap, though I love my naps.
Besides, rowing is a way of allowing for free-thought time. Perhaps it's my pressure-cooker valve that keeps me from completely exploding from anger at the stupidity of the world (like hearing that the senate voted down the farm reform bill) and the sadness and frustration with the current difficulties in the church.
No comments:
Post a Comment