07 December 2009

J'en ai marre

In French for, 'I am fed up with this'....

Not that anyone is holding onto my words, but I am so weary, to the point of ennui, of the following:

--- People against full inclusion of LGBT in all orders of the church whining about the Windsor Report moratoria as though all of them were equally applied. When the ACNA bishops and their clergy stop poaching on TEC congregations, building up parallel universes within the boundaries of TEC, then maybe I will give an ounce of credence to this all-hallowed WR....

--- the same lot persisting in equating sexual orientation with a lifestyle and choice. When they provide for equal rites of marriage (of which some of the heterosexual crowd have done a masterful job of maintaining its 'sanctity') so that faithful, monogamous same-gender couples can live within the legal bounds of marriage so that they are not living in non-sanctioned relationships, a Catch-22, then we will talk about the awful word, 'lifestyle' and choice.

--- the same trotting out their claim to hold the one and only Truth as the 'faith once passed down by the apostles' or however their ditty goes. When they stop eating shellfish, and stone all those people who be stoned, etc., then we can talk about the 'faith once held....'

I am sick and tired of this all. And who cares? Since I have no aspirations of ever becoming a bishop, I won't worry about these words coming back to haunt me.

Thus endeth the rant. I shall go back into my corner.

3 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

I, for one, am grateful for your rant. Preach on!

it's margaret said...

Love to you, dear sister.

my wv: coarsie --hmmmmmm.

Kirstin said...

Je suis avec toi.