Joe Sharkey, who writes in the business section of the New York Times (he has a regular column on Tuesdays), also has a blog, High Anxiety. Read his thoughts on the latest TSA reaction to the bungled attempt on the Delta flight from Amsterdam to Detroit. It is worth pondering. Here is a snippet.
T.S.A. has been drifting along without a director for a year because a right-wing Republican from South Carolina has surveyed the situation and identified the real terrorist threat to America:
Union bosses.
+++
I am so glad I am not travelling anywhere via airplane until February... maybe I will take the train from here to Nebraska... nah, that will mean getting stuck in a snowstorm somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am a little concerned that if I fly I will have to take off my pants now.
I am only half kidding and I recall Garrison Keilor making a joke some time back saying that it was a good thing that the shoe bomber was not the underwear bomber.
Glad that I can drive to VT... see you in one week!
well.... hmmmmm..... dang.
My mother always said you could judge a person by their underwear....
Post a Comment