09 December 2009

'Tis the Season


Last year I did not even try for the Concept2 Holiday Challenge (row 110 or 200K between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve) and this year I am not setting myself up for failure so am aiming for 100K. I am at 41K and if I could simply FIND THE TIME, I probably could do the 200K. It is pitiful — there already is someone who has rowed 650K and a lot of people who have done 300+. Sigh.

One problem is I cannot read the monitor so can't really tell what my splits are (500m/minutes), which help me tell if I am on pace. My pace has slowed immensely over the years. I used to think a 500/2.17 split was slow. These days, it is good and I seem to dink along at 500m/2.23.

Oh well, better that I am even trying to do this than remain indolent. I am good about doing the Holiday Challenge but then slack off again once it has ended. This year?

It has been two or three years since I have rowed a half marathon and four years since I rowed my one and only marathon (butt breaking).

1 comment:

Lisa Fox said...

Good luck.
The graphic is hilarious!