02 February 2007

Friday cat blogging


Someone or something, I don't remember whom or what, spooked Young Guy so that he ran and hid under the bed in the guest bedroom. Maybe it was the night he got his head stuck through the hole for the handle of a plastic bag and this scary balrog was chasing him down the hall and up the stairs, crinkling and making all sorts of racket until he managed to outrun it (by tearing) it but he was so scared he just had to hide!

On a rare sunny day in winter (we don't get all that many in this neck of the woods), La Doyenne stretched out next to a little leopard catnip toy on the floor by my desk chair. She is lying in a precarious spot given that it is a swivel chair on castors and where she lies is just out of my peripheral vision. This time, however, I caught her as I came back into the room.

The Waif continues to hang out in her private suite with lots of toys and fun things like crinkle bags. She still sundowns and bites (sort of a vampire late at night), but during the daylight hours is quite pleasant. She's lying on some vinyl flooring I bought now 12 years ago to put in the downstairs bathroom. I've gotten as far as getting a new vanity (which is also in the suite), and hauling 12 years ago a clawfoot bathtub from across the street and placing it in said bathroom, but until we get the flooring down, the tub remains unconnected and the flooring upstairs where it is and isn't unrolled. The Waif has found that it's a great place to lose her toy mouse and crinkle ball.

I love driving in and seeing one of the cats lying in the picture window over the kitchen sink. Here, Orange Boy catches a few rays on a spring morning last year. I got wise many years ago and bungie corded the little copper tray on which all the window plant holders sit so that plump cat bodies don't knock the whole thing into the sink.

No comments: