
This will be short and sweet tonight. It is, after all, a work night.
A parishioner latched onto an old iTalk microphone that turns an iPod into a recorder. (When I introduced this to the vestry on Tuesday, the poor clerk didn't know what I was talking about and sort of lost it, making gardening jokes.)
This evening I tried recording my sermon. Of course the preaching moment live is quite different from simply proclaiming one's sermon without a congregation. I know it takes longer in church than in a recording. This particular sermon, on world mission, was something like 9'34".
That is well and good but now I have to figure out two things:
1) how to increase the input volume because in order to hear what I am saying, I have to turn up the volume to the max and even at that, it is feeble;
2) how to convert the WAV to a MP3.
I know this is so old hat for so many out there but it's a new adventure for me.
Somewhere out in the great world of the internet I have read about podcasting.. OK, I guess using Audacity (which is what I have for my turntable... the only problem being that since I loaded iLife onto my laptop, Garageband has taken over all the input/output preferences and I can't find how to undo it) to fiddle with the file and then convert it with LAME.
Sigh. It's a stiff learning curve for this French medievalist.
All of this is done with the hope that our little congregation might be the first or one of the first in the diocese to podcast the sermons.
No comments:
Post a Comment