15 February 2007

Sand castles


This is a bit like building sand castles; when the high tide comes in, one's work is washed away, never to be seen again in that particular form. So it is with my magnus opus, my chef d'œuvre, my pièce de resistance of snow shovelling. I hope that by morning most of this will be obliterated by a front-end loader. But for the moment, it's worth casting into permanency through photographs, taken late at night after the 12-step meeting.

So, first there is the view from the street, looking up the driveway to the steps.

Next, there's the view looking down the ramp toward the rectory (which I did all the way to my office, which is to the left at the end of the ramp).

After that, comes a look down the steps back toward the driveway. The snow had really drifted over them and it was shovelling waist-high snow drifts.

Finally, looking back to the street.

I hadn't intended to put these up aligned centre but it's too late for me to go back and resend them all. It's not the end of the world, for sure.

The 12-step folks all remarked at how neatly it had been done. Not intended; it's the way I broke through the crust with the snow shovel. But function determined form and it does look pretty cool, almost intestinal in some ways (!).

Enough.

No comments: