
It's hard not to get photos of cats asleep because that's all they do. So here's Orange Guy resting by two cat molas and one hibiscus mola (from Panamá), on a Guatemalan blanket that I brought back in 1987 of a quetzal (the national bird that has a super long tail and is very rarely seen). He's on the bird's body; its head is obscured under the little Guatemalan throw pillows.

Young Guy sits on the other end of the same blanket, which has three mountains. It's easy to turn a lounge lizard into a mountain cat. He's by two mountains with the sun rising between them. I bought this blanket (and two others) in Chichicastenango at their open market and then hauled them back in a big canasta (basket) inside of a strong rope net. I have never regretted the $25 (I can't remember what it cost in quetzales; I think they were something like 7Q/$1) I spent on this one blanket and $20 on the others.

The Waif is not one to curl up; she likes to stretch across two cushions that are on top of a table (her suite is an on-again off-again meeting space that way back was rented out as a studio apartment). She is getting more friendly when I go into the room, even though I think it's simply because she knows that I sometimes bring her food. She has a great motor.

Finally, La Doyenne in her favourite spot, on the Kliban towel. The poor towel is in shreds with so many thread pulls from twenty years of cat claws, but it still serves its purpose. For some reason, La Doyenne and Orange Guy have totally spurned the two little nests/igloos this year and when I have tried to put them inside, they balk. I can't figure out why.
No comments:
Post a Comment