
Sarah, over at Going Jesus, has her second Calvacade of Nativities (or dreadful ones). Herewith is an example to entertain you while I terrorise the cats and myself with a mongo vacuum cleaner, getting the house ready for the open house tomorrow that may not happen because of the impending nor'easter.
Mary and Joseph Cat look as though they were...
• subjected to a month in the US Senate as the Repubs block everything that might improve the common good and let through anything that will further the mess in Iraq and sock it to the middle class
• forced to read multiple missives from Cantaur
• see multiple photoshoppies of the former bishop of San Joaquin (Clumber's most recent one is perhaps the most, ahem, disrespectful)
• hear about Mukasey's refusal to give the House Judiciary Committee info about the destruction of the CIA tapes of waterboarding
• hear about the US obstructionism at the Bali Conference on global warming
• what else? That is just this morning's news
While I clean (not my favourite activity) and row (didn't yesterday so I have to make up today), I will come up with some other examples.
3 comments:
Hopefully your health is better and you are up to the task. I'm sure lots of us would come help but, alas, we are too far away. 8>)
I'm sure your open house will be appreciated even if the corners might harbor a little dust or kitty hairs.
Do you haul the cats back and forth?
Hooray! I enjoyed last year's Cavalcade, and will pop over there to see the new offerings.
I join PseudoP in hoping you're feeling well enough to prepare for and enjoy tomorrow's open house.
Thanks, both of you. I am fine — this was a fast-moving head cold for which I am very glad.
I can only tolerate vacuuming and cleaning in increments so I have been rowing 40 minutes, cleaning an hour, rowing 40 minutes, etc. I have one more rowing segment for the day and a lot more cleaning. Right now I am on my Sunday morning prep break.
No, I don't haul the cats back and forth. Compa lives in a cat-free zone because she is allergic to them. She likes Miss Funky Paws because she reminds her of a cat she had as a child, Dingy, who also was a polydactl.
Post a Comment