28 December 2007

Friday cat blogging

Amazingly, I have no photos of the three so I will put up some of the seasonal visitor occupying the suite in the back half of the upstairs of the house. The World's Best Cat Sitter gave her some presents so here are some photos of her enjoying them.


Here she is waiting to open the first present. I thought she might engage with it a bit more since it involved catnip and I have discovered she likes that stuff.


The catnip definitely stirs her up and gets a good reaction.


You can get a glimpse of her funky paws. She has no problem gripping things with them.


Here she is with her other toys. She still doesn't know really how to play. The best she can do is go after the mouse's tail. But she is coming along.

Another name she is getting is Miss Birch because the colouring of her fur is like birch trees in winter, a combination of grey and pink. It's a familiar sight here in Vermont.

3 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Those photos remind me of Janis's Bruno. Not exactly hyper.

My cats don't know how to play. They are interested long enough to realize the toy or whatever isn't real and doesn't offer a meal. Then they wander away.

They don't seem attracted to catnip either.

Nice to see she is getting along.

Lisa Fox said...

And, as the first photo makes clear, she's a good Christian cat. Did you teach her, or did she arrive already knowing to say her prayers of thanksgiving before the meal?

Jane R said...

Sweet.

I like the "Miss Birch" name.

Miss Maya Pavlova is asleep under the desk lamp. I took a bunch of pictures of her a couple of days ago but have yet to get them developed. So the only Friday cat blogging is an invisible purr.