
This photo of my father's cellar workbenches, with all the useful stuff, neatly boxed, labeled, hanging from pipes and who knows what else, on top of workbenches he made, somewhat represents my brain tonight... the thoughts are organised somewhat but cluttered.
Mostly, I have a head cold, thanks, I think, to the person who runs House of the Redeemer. It's not horrendous but I am not at 100% either. Better now than Christmas.
I spent four hours RT and $700+ to get four new snow tires for my car, special super-duper windshield wipers and an oil change. Whatever thoughts I had about getting small somethings to go along with the donations I am making in people's names for Christmas has temporarily gone out the window. At least I don't have to worry so much about the champagne-snow we've been getting.
Early on in the day, I got an email from a college classmate saying that another was going in for surgery with the possibility that it might be cancer. Demos gracias a Dios, the tumour removed is not malignant. Meanwhile, I spent the day in the presence, memories of the women who were so much a part of my college years.
Lastly, I am undertaking the arduous task of picking up and cleaning the rectory in anticipation of my annual open house this Sunday. Mercifully, a parishioner is preaching so I can spend Saturday still running around.
I am not impervious to what has happened on the other side of the country in San Joaquin but many other blogs are tackling that theme that whatever I have to offer would be redundant.
For now, bed time to try to get rid of this cold.
5 comments:
Be kind to yourself and get well quickly!
Lovely image of your dad's space.
Thanks.
As for the cellar, it's wonderful but I dread the day we have to empty 54 years of accumulated 'useful' things.
I don't envy you the task of clearing all the 'rents' debris. I'm not liking doing my own.
Hope you are relaxing, drinking lots of fluids, keeping warm and taking care of yourself.
I saw your kind remark to the DSJ. I haven't commented on my blog either. I have a difficult time being, um, generous toward the secessionists. I'm also impatient with 815 tho I'm probably more patient than most. They need to get it right the first time.
Get well soon!
I have been told that Ron Abuelo with lime is the perfect cure. You know how it is with colds: if you treat it, it lasts for 14 days. If you leave it alone it will last for two weeks.
If not Ron Abuelo, it's Ron Flor de Caña which I am imbibing ahora misma.
Post a Comment