11 March 2009

Additions

Even though my move here in November told me loud and clear that I don't need anything more ever, I have recently acquired two new items as gifts.


The first is a cross that someone brought me back from Haiti as a gift for our new season of ministry at church. The heart in the middle says it all. It is made out of metal that is hand-scored into a design. The cross hangs between an etching that I call the 'Wandering Pilgrim' and my prized Compostela I received in May 2004 for having walked the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. I can't do anything about the wood panelling; it is a pain to nail things up so I have hung things up on existing hooks and I have yet to put up my seminary diploma and a painting by my sister of Winter Park, Colorado. Some day.....


The other is the fireplace fender that was in my maternal grandmother's living room. My sister had it out in Colorado but the housing code laws are such (if I understand it properly) that any fireplace has to be raised off the floor. A brass fender like this wouldn't fit on the hearth. So last week my sister asked if I would like it and I said sure. She shipped it across the country and it arrived this morning. I am glad I didn't open it up until tonight because the box has more styrofoam peanuts than I have ever seen. What a mess. Young Guy has to investigate everything so there he is.

No comments: