15 March 2009

Five more minutes


And the ballot boxes close in El Salvador. I will be posting soon on the Cristosal website under news two more bulletins that came this afternoon.

For those of you who speak Spanish, you can go here and listen to Radio Guanaca who is doing live reporting.

If you're really into this, you can keep up via Twitter.

Things have changed so much even in the five years since I observed the elections. I like this Tweet:
La democracia da ganas de reír o de llorar.
Democracy makes one want to laugh or cry.

How I wish I could talk with my Salvadoran 'sister,' with whom I have yakked for hours about politics, the church and life and whose home I visited last year.

[20.30 EDT, 18.30 CDT] Just in from CISPES


NOT OFFICIAL - PRELIMINARY RESULTS ACCORDING TO CHANNEL 21 IN EL SALVDOR
Results from Channel 21 reporting FMLN count of what has come in so far…

FMLN leading in:

64.3% santa ana

52.5% cabanas

71.5% cuscatlan

62.7% san vicente

54.5% san salvador

52% morazan

Behind in:
45% La Libertad

[Mauricio Funes raises his hands after voting.]

No comments: