
The night before the elections in El Salvador, I think of my friends there and do the only thing I can do from so far away, pray for them.
Five years ago I couldn't do this but tonight I listen by the internet to Radio Guanaca, one of the stations I used to listen to when I was in El Salvador during my sabbatical. The music brings me a little closer in spirit and feeling to one of my other countries (I used to say that France was my second country but now it is tied with El Salvador in terms of connection). I'd really like to listen to YSU, run by la UCA, but I can't get anything but static.
Compas de El Salvador, están en mis oraciones.

2 comments:
In my prayers too.
Tonight I am in Florida but I will return soon to Central America and listen, with you, to the music of life amongst some of the lovely beloved who make living life a very sincere, devout and well-intentioned spiritual experience.
I hope the election goes well/peacefully in El Salvador.
Post a Comment