
He decided (in an evening fit of cat crazies) to jump up on the bookcase that is on the west wall (the other two are on the north wall) of my study. He discovered that the ceilings here are a good foot lower than in the old rectory so had to smunch himself between the top of the bookcase and ceiling. He is also working his way around the façade organ pipe that is on top of the bookcases.

He manages to get around the pipe but discovers there isn't too much room. I think he was thinking of leaping to the other bookcase on the other side of the closet door or perhaps he couldn't figure out how to get down.

'Can I get from here to there?'

'Oh well, maybe I can knock this book off the top.'

'I'll vulch over La Doyenne who is happily sitting on the rocking chair.'

Meanwhile, Orange Guy had an enjoyable morning watching a squirrel bury acorns.

4 comments:
When the Lovely Mona and I were engaged, she moved to an apartment which did not allow pets, so her cat, Dimitrius, came to live with me. I was living in a studio apartment. In the morning, when he decided I should get up, he would walk along the piano keyboard until I would get up and close the keyboard cover. I would get back into bed, so he would climb on top of the piano and knock all the books off until I got up for good.
Chompy just smacks the bed.
Our furries are always so subtle.
It is good to see Caminante blogging again. Please don't let the busyness of the "new" parish get you down. And iPhones are addictive, especially with Facebook installed.
+Maya Pavlova does the same jump-on-the-highest-perch thing as Young Guy. When she isn't sleeping she can be a crazy woman -- UP to the top bookshelf near the ceiling she goes -- and ON to another shelf and behind a mirror and all at dizzying speed. She's managed not to knock over anything too precious but (she's got her back to me right now, but ears toward me as if she knew I was writing about her exploits)she has caused a bit of local chaos. Of course she later plays innocent.
Great photos.
Post a Comment