11 July 2008

Friday cat blogging

returns!!!


And 'Meh' to you, too.


The World's Best Cat Sitter found the blue chenille cover at a yard sale for $1.00. We think it enhances Miss Agatha Birch Funky Paw's colouring. And the WBCS also bought her that toy. (MABFP has yet to figure out that these things exist for play.)


On one of the hot, hot days, la Doyenne decided to lie upside down in her basket under the chair.


Likewise, the Kid tried to turn himself around in the basket and got all turned around instead.


La Doyenne demonstrates how one properly should sit in the basket. This is a post-prandium post.


See how well my orange friend has healed? His fur is almost all grown back.


I went up to visit Naomi's family today since tomorrow will mark a month since she died. Gifford, who now is four months old, spent the entire time on my lap during my visit. These aren't great photos because I took them myself but you can see that he's still happy with his funny paws (his toes look like fingers). He apparently is a total goof, shadow boxing, dancing around on his hind feet, and if he's not playing, constantly on someone's lap.


He is a warm little fellow. I didn't hear him purr but he purrs and talks quite a bit when his people are outside. Note his striped tail. He has been adopted by everyone in Naomi's family; he is not lacking for attention. Even their dog washes his face; he looks rather surprised when that happens.

Naomi's family is doing. They've planted a herb garden — she had wanted to do that and had talked about working in it. Well, she's working there in a different way. Her death still touches and affects us all.

3 comments:

Jane R said...

Great photos! And Orange Guy looks really good.

Lisa Fox said...

I've missed seeing the furries. And thanks for the pix of Naomi's cat as well as the update on the family. Truly touching.

Fran said...

I had missed teh kittehs!

Great photos as has been said by Jane and Lisa.

And also - again as Lisa says, good to get the update on Naomi's family.

I have continued to keep them - and her soul - in my prayers.