22 July 2008

Meanwhile...

... as certain bishops over in Canterbury at the University of Kent comment on so-called Buddhist chants in sermons and the lack of LGBT people in their turf, life goes on in a little valley in a small rural state that some would just assume not be in the US... la Republica de Vermont.


A parishioner invited me to come over and raid the garden... I have died and gone to heaven: a pint of blueberries, some basil, wax beans, green beans and snap peas, oh yes!

Young Guy was particularly interested in the basil and when I got back from vestry tonight, he'd attacked one of the leaves I had picked.


Then I got a call I had been expecting: a newborn was awaiting a visit up at the local hospital (not the little house where Naomi used to go). So off I went to see Papa hold his hour and half old daughter, after her first bath. Mama hadn't gotten out of the recovery room yet so Papa also got to give his daughter her first bottle.

It boggles the mind!

So often I witness people's last breath but it is so awesome to see the cycle of life continue and see newborns (I think the youngest I have seen was twenty minutes old). Their fingers and toes are so tiny, the blood hasn't gotten to them yet so they are still a bit blue. It is a holy moment.

I am so blessed to intersect in these times. That is what our life in Christ is about... not arguing over who is in and who is out.

1 comment:

Fran said...

With all that is going on the reminder of new life is a beautiful thing, amen amen.