
I heard some wild scrabbling and looked into the sitting room and YG had once again climbed up the heating pipe to get on top of the six foot bookcase there.

Once upon a time I had put aluminum foil on the pipe thinking it would discourage him but he just pulled it all down. If I could find sisal, I would wrap the pipe in it. One way or the other, I am going to have to recover that pipe and the one in the back hall that he has destroyed. I hate to think that it is all asbestos.

The next night I thought surely he was going to jump from the study bookcase on top of the door but he didn't.

Wednesday night I made the mistake of putting my clean laundry basket on the kitchen chair and he discovered it was a great place to settle in.

Last night we were having dinner (in the dining room with shut doors) and we heard this definite clack, clack. I knew it didn't sound like the kitchen cabinet doors that Young Guy and Orange Guy work at so they can tip over the garbage can. Then I knew! They were trying to lift the lid to the George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine. Sure enough, I went into the kitchen and saw how it had been moved along the counter (why it didn't fall on the floor...!). So I put it down so they could all go at it. What had them so interested? Chicken.
+
Isn't this more restorative than reading about how rumblings of an Anglican Faith and Order Commission? If those bishops create such a creature, I'm otta here.
Meanwhile, I listen to some good Salvadoran cumbia music to wind down the day.

2 comments:
Oh noes! Chikn! Want!
That is hilarious, although I am glad that neither cats nor forman grill were hurt/broken in the process.
My first kitten (at age 20- i was a confirmed cat hater actually) used to climb up a hot chimney pipe from woodstove to try to get into my bedroom upstairs.
It would make it to the grate and scream its head off, thus waking up my college boyfriend and me (my now husband) from sound sleeps.
I would take the grate off and the cat would leap out and then fall asleep somewhere in my room.
The pipe was hot, how did he do it and not get burned?
Go figure. Aluminum is not a deterrent any more than heat!
Yes it is more restive... I have been blogging about a dog... lol.
I do have some posts coming up not about cats/dogs, but I am procrastinating... meaning, I probably shouldn't write them at ALL!
Great cat stories:)
Post a Comment